MHA Environmental Policy
MHA as a regulatory body responsible for the tracking and completion of planning,construction and operation of toll highway will ensure;
- Concessionaires / Contractors comply with the activities of planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the highway that takes into account the interests and environmental protection towards pollution prevention and environmental conservation;
- Concessionaires / Contractors comply with laws, regulations and other requirements related to the environment that can be used;
- The Concessionaire / Contractor review the activities of planning, construction, operation and maintenance of highways from time to time for continuous improvement in environmental management through mitigation measures;
- Training and support given to the MHA staff to enhance knowledge, skills and ability to implement this policy, and
- Feedback, complaints and suggestions received from the public and stakeholders particularly related to the environment are managed efficiently and effectively.
The Environment objective
- Ensure that the concessionaire / contractor to comply with regulations and environmental laws implemented during construction.
- Ensure the environmental aspects at Rest & Service Area and lay by to be dealt with according to related Environmental Law.
- Ensure the usage of A4 paper in 2011 from Central Store MHA does not exceed 3000 rim.
- Ensure that 50% of MHA staffs attend relevant MS ISO 14000 courses in each year.